Last Updated on December 23rd 2019
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign make a purchase, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in any interactive features of the Site, communicate with us via third-party social media site, request support, or otherwise communicate witH us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, city, and any other information you choose to provide.
When you access or use our Site or Widget, we automatically collect information about you, including:
• Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to the Site.
We also may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site. For example, if you purchase using credentials from a third-party platform, we will have access to certain information about you from that platform, such as your name, account information, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
• Provide, maintain and improve our Site;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about events, contests, promotions, offers, and other news and information we think will be of interest to you;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
• Process and deliver contest or promotion entries and rewards;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected. Sharing of Information
You provide data to create an account with us.To create an account you need to provide data including your name, email address and/or mobile number, and a password. If you register for a premium Service, you will need to provide payment (e.g., credit card) and billing information.
We receive personal data about you when you use the services of our customers and partners, such as employers, prospective employers and applicant tracking systems providing us job application data. We receive data about you when you use some of the other services provided by us or our affiliates, including CoFoundersLab.
• With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
• Where necessary, if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Business Rockstars or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
• With your consent (for example, with our partners for their own marketing purposes if you expressly consent to this type of sharing).
We also may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
We log your visits and use of our Services, including mobile apps.
We log usage data when you visit or otherwise use our Services, including our sites, app and platform technology (e.g., our off-site plugins), such as when you view or click on content (e.g., learning video) or ads (on or off our sites and apps), perform a search, install or update one of our mobile apps, share articles or apply for jobs. We use log-ins, cookies, device information and internet protocol (“IP”) addresses to identify you and log your use.Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Similar Technologies
Your Device and Location
We receive data from your devices and networks, including location data. When you visit or leave our Services (including our plugins or cookies or similar technology on the sites of others), we receive the URL of both the site you came from and the one you go to next. We also get information about your IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser and add-ons, device identifier and features, and/or ISP or your mobile carrier. If you use our Services from a mobile device, that device will send us data about your location based on your phone settings. We will ask you to opt-in before we use GPS or other tools to identify your precise location.
Business Rockstars takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us at email@example.com . Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We also may retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Where required by applicable law, we will only send you promotional communications with your prior consent. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Business Rockstars at any time. Depending on the communication channel, you may opt out by following the opt-out instructions provided by Business Rockstars or, in some cases, by a third-party (e.g., changing your settings within a third-party social media platform). Note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications.
We will only share information about you with our partners for their own marketing purposes with your prior consent. To opt out of having Business Rockstars share information about you with our partners for their own marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. Business Rockstars qualifies for this alternative option. We will not share your information in this way without your express opt-in consent, and you have the ability to opt out of future disclosures at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.